German American Day at Carl Shultz Park



Things are slowing down around here, which means that I am getting some time to edit and post some of the adventures I had with Yvette over the summer. Yvette and I drove the R75/5 all the way out to Hartland to Carl Schultz Park for German American Day.

Carl Schultz Park is a small german heritage park that my family used to belong to. In fact we had the coolest cottage out there, we called it the Barracks because it used to be where all the boys slept on overnight boy scout trips. The cottage was passed down from my Oma and Opa to my Mom and Dad, and then when my sister and I had no further interest in the cottage, my parents sold it. 


Its always nice to see Yvette smile, even if I got us lost a few times along the way. Sorry again!


I used to love coming out to this area when I was a kid, I'm sure my parents would say otherwise because when I was younger my head was sucked into my game boy color or other handheld video game system. Isn't it crazy that you never really appreciate what you have or the places that you go until they are gone? 


The beauty of the park is unmatched. All of the cottages have a germanic influence, and most do not have toilets or running water.


I love the huge deer skull on the chimney.


Some park members tear down their old cottages in order to rebuild a much more modern cottage. The cottage below was not there when I used to be kid. 




The event that Yvette and I were at celebrates german and american heritage and there is always a parade through the park with all the german speaking singing groups, classic cars, and of course lots of music!




















Before Yvette and I left the park we noticed this beautiful Ford Mustang parked in the parking lot.


It was a beautiful day with Yvette, my family, and all the memories that came back with being at the park. 

Comments