Cruise The Grove 2018


I went to Cruise the Grove this year with my two dogs in hand and camera in the other. Right when we entered the show we discovered this NSU motorcycle which I presume is rare because I have never seen one in person. Upon further research I discovered that NSU stands for NSU Motorenwerke AG, a German manufacturer of motorcycles, automobiles and pedal cycles.


The headlight bucket looks very similar to the key switch on the BMW /5. And the highly polished tank looks similar to the Toaster style tank found on the BMW.


As we walked around the show I finally had a chance to talk to the owner of the Excelsior Auto Cycle that I saw at a few shows earlier in the year.


The story of this Excelsior auto cycle is that it was purchased from an estate when the owner passed away by a Harley Davidson employee, Chris Tribbey. Chris along with his support team will be driving this over 100 year old bike from Maine to Oregon in September. I would highly recommend you checking out his story.


For more information and to follow his journey through the Cannonball Rally, give his blog a follow: 


From race car to custom choppers, we saw it all at Cruise the Grove 2018.




I didn't really have that much time to really admire all the cars because Sable has a fear of crowds, but I think it is important to bring her to events that might make her feel uncomfortable to try and show her that under our protection(Yvette and I) nothing will hurt her and she doesn't need to be fearful. Life is interesting with a shy dog, everyone wants to approach and pet your dog but you need to tell people that they are shy and don't like to be approached by strangers. Yvette and I joke that maybe we should get Sable a "Do not pet" service dog vest just so people know before approaching.

All in all it was a beautiful day, looking at beautiful cars and motorcycles spent with my two loving pooches.

Stay tuned!


Comments