Rolf Hoffmann


I was going through some old pictures awhile ago and found these gems that show my Opa's family and some of the old cars that he had growing up. I think I get my love of old motorcycles and cars from my Opa who was a total gear head growing up. I remember him telling me stories of shooting flames out the exhaust by wiring up an extra set of spark plugs in the exhaust tips, and just how he would flip cars in order to keep trading up to better and better things. I always wish he would have held onto that early Indian motorcycle that he had, but the last car he owned was a Gold colored Stingray Corvette.




He wasn't just into motors either. He was a very talented craftsman. In the picture above he built this Gutenberg Printing Press that was used at GermanFest for a few years and then it was donated/sold to a museum down South. Its crazy to think that everything is coming full circle. I can draw a lot of similarities between my Opa and myself. From the motors, cars and cycles to carving and painting, to building exhibits for museums!

Stay tuned!



Comments