Resto/Mod 7Up Cooler


I got this 7Up cooler a few years ago and I never really did anything with it. If you know me, 7Up is one of my favorite drinks so I love this cooler, but it unfortunately was in no position to keep my cans cold anymore. All of the insulation was removed before I got it, so I had to reline it with styrofoam.


I purchased the styrofoam from Home depot as a Hobby Pack that contained 5 sheets. I was quickly able to cut it down on the table saw to fully cover the inside of the cooler.


I reconnected the inner liner to the outside liner with aluminum rivets.



The last thing that I want to do to this piece is find or fabricate some sort of seal able drain plug for the melted ice to drain through. When I was given the cooler it wasn't included and through my researching this piece I have found what it sort of looks like, but nothing with dimensions.

This cooler I am excited to get functional because it is a reminder for me to stay present and go out and interact with people. Go camping, go to car shows, go drive around my old Datsun on Summer picnics. To basically go out and experience life. 

It is crazy that such a old cooler can be a source of inspiration.

Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Man, I love that you restored this. That had been on my list of things to do forever!!!! My Grandfather owned this. It was in his barn and when he passed I grabbed it out of the rafters in his barn. I am so glad you're going to use it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment