Ice Racing on Green Lake with Rosie's Speed Shop


Yvette and I went out to Green Lake to meet up with Rosie's Speed Shop to ride on the ice. We met up with Sophie(seen above and below) and Donovan who are all mutual friends of Rosie's own, August and Karina.


This was one of my first times out riding on the ice and I am so happy that I got to spend some time out with friends taking some laps on the ice.


Karina pictured above cutting some laps on a Yamaha DT.


Donovan slides into the corners on his vintage BSA motocross bike. Donovan is so proud of his British racer and got it a few weeks before. He had to trade multiple motorcycles to get ahold of this BSA. It took a kicks to get it going at the start of the morning, I could relate with my Triumph. It must be a British thing.



August and Karina ride two up on the most modern dirt bike in attendance. This Kawasaki was fast, and so much more responsive than the other vintage bikes we were riding. When you pointed the front wheel in the corner the bike followed through. On most of the older bikes we were riding, you pointed the front wheel where you wanted to go, and you held on for dear life! The vintage bikes were much more squirrel-y at higher speeds.


August's Pops took a few laps on the track as well. It was so awesome to see great people having fun on the ice, no matter how young or how old.


As the day progressed we all go faster and more confident with each lap we took. Karina was hard to even catch on camera on Sophie's bike at the end of the day.



Donovan on his BSA knows how to go into a turn with a bike that has the brake on the wrong side! Just like all of my Bultacos and Triumph, the brake pedal on this BSA was on the left side and the shifter on the right. This explains why I felt so at home on his British bike.


And a close up of the bike that I was infatuated with.


And finally, just to prove that I can get down out there on the ice just like everyone else. Here is a photo of myself riding Donovan's killer BSA motocross bike.

Stay Tuned!

Comments