Riding at the Farm


I drove up to Green Lake, Wisconsin today with Yvette to ride dirt bikes in a friends farm field. I was very excited to finally get my Bultaco Pursang out in the dirt. This was the first time I have been able to. There aren't too many places around Brookfield, WI to get out and act like a hooligan.

We arrived a little before noon to meet up with the group, get gas and snacks, and go to the farm. It didn't take long for the shenanigans to begin. August and Donovon are much more skilled on two wheels than myself, so they started jumping anything that looked remotely like a hill.


Donovon brought his trusted XR100 out to jump.




While everyone else went back to the cars for snacks and refreshments, Yvette and I waited at base camp to play with the camera and babysit my Bultaco that wouldn't start. Earlier in the day, I thought I had enough gas in the tank, but clearly I didn't because I found myself completely tapped out and I was stuck in the middle of nowhere pushing my bike back to the trail out hoping that someone would come find me and bring me some fuel. Then when I tried to start the bike it still wouldn't start, so thank god for compression release valves. In order to get the bike started again, I opened up the compression release and kicked over the bike with the throttle open and closed to try and clear out the cylinder which I thought might have been flooded. After kicking over the piston a few times I just gave it one good kick and away I went!


I completely forgot to post last month that this beautiful little Kawasaki KS125 belongs to Yvette now. She wanted a bike that would be low enough so she could put her feet down, something that could be ridden on and off the roads, and something that wasn't crazy expensive. Voila! 


Although she is really excited about her new bike, I don't know what she is more excited about, her new bike or her Biltwell goggles...


When everyone got back to our base camp I offered August, someone with more experience flat tracking, to have a go with my Bultaco Pursang. 


He ripped a few laps and even popped the front wheel off the ground! So it gets August's seal of approval!

I was very proud to see it take the abuse of hard throttle and heavy braking because I feel like I touched just about every part of this bike and we still don't have a foundation of trust built up yet. The more and more seat time I have on this bike I will continue to feel more and more confident that the bike wont shake itself apart.


After messing around on the Bultaco we noticed that Karina was having some bike issues so we met her in the wooded area. Her float needle was stuck open so gas was continually dripping out of her carburetor. She eventually ran out of gas under the cover of a pine tree, which I can relate to because of my issue earlier! 

I happily volunteered to go back to the farm house with Yvette and August to grab the gas can and help her get going again. Riding two up on a Kawasaki KS125 up and down through the hills with a heavy gas tank has got to be one of the funniest memories of the day.


Once we got Karina back up and running, we gathered back around the hill and watched August and Donovon soar through the air on the xr100.




Yvette had some hot laps around the clearing. Sophie and Karina joined in making it an all out ladies main event! Yvette took the inside line, followed closely by Sophie!




With an all out sprint to the finish, there is nothing on the line except for some good laughs and who will have a bigger smile.


The day was over just like it began with the bikes on the trailer. Thank you so much for inviting us out to the farm Rosie's Speed Shop! We had a blast!

Stay tuned! 

Comments