Bultaco Alpina


Bultaco's Alpina was a trails bike built off of the Sherpa that was developed specifically for trials riding. My Bultaco Alpina 350cc two stroke is really not setup for trials and it isn't really setup for flat tracking either, but it didn't stop be from ripping around the track with it.


The 350 is quick but my talent and skill admittedly holds me back from being truly fast. I had the opportunity to race around with Chris who was riding the Bultaco Astro/Pursang which is only a 250 two stroke, and I was able to catch him.


Chris holds the throttle wide open as he runs away from me as I chase him. After we did a few laps he mentioned that the Astro/Pursang seems to be lacking mid range power. Its got great low end and high end but coming out of the corners was difficult.


The Trials tires I was using on the Alpina held up pretty good on the track I was surprised because all of the knobbies were on the outside face not on the sides at all. 


It was a great day to be out riding the Bultacos and KS125 to their limits. It is difficult to really feel out how much power these bikes have in the suburbs of Milwaukee. Not to mention these Bultacos are LOUD. 

Stay tuned!

Comments