Lowell Spudway Film Grain (High ISO)


Who asked for more fast motorcycle captures? No one? Well sit down, strap in because they are coming at you fast. 

All of the following photos are shot with my primary camera, a Nikon D90. One note before continuing is that these photos looked fantastic on the view screen on the camera, but as soon as I got back home I noticed the high ISO setting, meaning that the camera was able to freeze the action in front of the lens, but the sacrifice is a grainy image.



Karina decided to take out the Bultaco Alpina today. I am very proud of her for throwing her leg over a bike that doesn't stop that great, the brake lever is on the left side, and the shift lever is on the right side.  I also loved her outfit today which complimented the Bultaco tank.


Tanner was a new face to me, and boy is he fast on his Yamaha. 


Sophie got on Wade's Xr100 and took a few laps chasing Karina, Donovon, and August.


August makes a clean get away.


Things got a little loose on the exit from the corners.


Tanner on the Yamaha chases Sophie on the Honda Xr.


Karina rides Wade's Yamaha hard. I said this previously in the last blog post, but I loved how Karina's motocross gear is always so cool. The pastel colors of her pants, helmet, and Rosie's Speed Shop T shirt POP!


August always has a way of finding the loose sand. 


Karina takes the high road and avoids the sandy areas of the track.



Sophie and Karina play a game of cat and mouse as they chase each other on the track.


The backstory of this image is worth telling. Before we left, August said the reason he popped a wheelie was because he hit the corner really poorly and he felt like the only way to make up for how BAD he hit the corner was to pop a wheelie. Because people love wheelies right? 

I am always a fan of wheelies, so keep them coming.


Donovon took a few laps on Wade's Xr100 and boy was he looking comfortable and fast! August can be seen plotting his attack as he quickly accelerates.


I want to dedicate the end of this very long post to give a special thank you to Wade for letting us all come out to your house and rip around on his track. I want to thank all the riders that I shared the track with today for keeping it clean today with no accidents and for continually pushing me and Yvette to be the best riders we can be. You are all the real MVP. 

Stay tuned!

Comments